My big glass jar was too overwhelming for me! I found some glass ornaments and I was able to complete two of them from my saved orts - one has embroidery flosses, broken beads, etc., and the other has snips of yarn as I have been doing crochet items lately. Now I just have to find another ornament to start for April!
These needle cases were a EGA project from Needle Arts Magazine, Summer, 1979. No I haven't had the pattern that long. It was a class just taught last month at our Embroidery Guild Meeting. I made one in browns and tans - looks like Fall (or very '70's ) to me and I did the other in pinks - very Spring-like. Stitches used were the ribbed spider web stitch in the center and other stitches like chain, buttonhole, fern, Palestrina knots, and open cretan. It was a fun project - I'm giving the one with the pink stitches to my daughter. If she has a place to keep her needles, maybe she will be inspired to stitch more often!!